Hey guys. So I made sweet potato chili the other night and …it was a-maz-ing. Don’t mean to toot my own horn but…toot toot. Okay so here’s the deal. I hate beans. So therefore, most of the time, I don’t like chili. Let me clarify though. Refried beans – LOVE. But individual beans… CREEPY. I can’t. I just can’t. Okay so anyways, been looking for a solid GF DF sweet potato chili recipe with no beans and finally just ended up combining a few. Here it is:
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatos
- (1) 28 ounce can of diced tomatos
- (1) 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey (I used chicken)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Then add garlic and saute for 30 more seconds.
- Add meat of choice and cook until cooked through (about five minutes)
- Dump everything into the crockpot and cook on medium for 4-5 hours.
- We ended up also making quinoa and lentils to mix in after.
I hope you enjoy!! Let me know if you tried it! Message us on instagram! Also here’s a picture of me and my mom because whenever I cook I end up calling her to make sure I’m doing it right…